Heart rate monitor or power meter? Precisely.
Introducing PowerTap PowerCal, the world's first-ever power meter calculated from heart rate. For years there has been a widely recognized correlation between power and heart rate. In a lab one can predict power output or intensity by knowing heart rate, and vice versa. But once you leave the lab and enter variables such as hills, wind and fatigue, the relationship gets a bit trickier. This is why many cyclists and triathletes use both a heart rate monitor and a power meter in training.
Through the use of these tools and the analysis of tens of thousands of power files over the years, the experts at PowerTap and the University of Colorado Boulder have identified patterns which can correlate an athlete's heart rate to power across all real world conditions. We've utilized this knowledge to create a technology which provides power based on this correlation; in the real world and in real time.
No, it's not as precise as our PowerTap. Yes, it's a great tool, is incredibly easy to use, and is compatible with any existing ANT+ compatible display. Simply pair it to your display, and off you go!
We're all familiar with the key difference between a power meter and a HR monitor: that HR is a response to the work you're doing, whereas power is the actual work. The algorithms in PowerCal translate heart rate data into the vernacular of power-based training- watts, kilojoules, peak power, etc.
Signal Transmission: 2.4 GHz
Operational Temperature: 0-40C/32-103F
Battery Type: CR2032
Battery Life: 600 Operational Hours
The PowerCal is not a waterproof device and should not be submerged in water
Compatible with android and iPhone/iPad devices with use of appropriate ANT+ adapter key
- See more at: http://www.powertap.com/collections/powercal/products/powercal#sthash.k0FADlQZ.dpuf
Buy from us because we love bikes and we want you to love your new ride! We offer:
- 12 Months FREE Scheduled Log Book Servicing!
- 30 Day Comfort Guarantee - Are you comfortable? We'll make as many necessary adjustments FREE!
- 90 Day Workmanship Guarantee - we know our way around a workshop. That's why we guarantee all repairs;
- Layby?! Absolutely. We'll give you 3 months to pay, after that we will probably start riding it ourselves!
- We offer 12-months interest free terms - conditions apply.
*Any product is either available to buy at or order through the stores listed! Please come in-store and ask about stock availability.