Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 5 2016
Spirited rides with the group, taking the long way home on the daily commute, or enjoying that charity ride in blissful comfort, the Synapse Alloy is built for enjoying the miles, at whichever pace you choose.
The ideal first road bike for someone looking for comfort, performance, versatility and value in equal measure.
1. SAVE PLUS ALLOY MICRO-SUSPENSION
By flattening and butting the chain stays and triaxially forming the seat stays, we create a rear stand assembly that allows significant deflection vertically to absorb road shock and vibration, while staying extremely rigid laterally for power transfer and confident cornering.
2. ENDURANCE GEOMETRY
Compared with our Elite race geometry, the Synapse geometry features a taller head tube (2-2.5 cm taller), gently sloping top tube, slightly relaxed head angle and longer wheelbase. This combination provides a more upright riding position and a lively, yet stable feel. It’s confidence inspiring and relaxing but avoids the sluggish feel and awkward handling of many “comfort” road bikes.
3. OPTIMIZED 6061 ALLOY CONSTRUCTION
Cannondale’s legendary double-pass smooth welds join optimally shaped taper-butted tubes for a great combination of svelte light weight, stiffness and durability.
4. CARBON BALED FORK
Carbon fork blades with integrated SAVE features provide additional comfort and sharp handling.
5. BB30 SYSTEM
Cannondale invented BB30 15 years ago to take crank and frame performance to the next level and it has become THE industry standard for stiffness and light weight. Found on both the 105 and Tiagra equipped models.
6. RACK AND FENDER MOUNTS
Subtle, understated rack and fender mounts add versatility.
7. DISC BRAKES
Several models feature the great stopping power and wet weather control of disc brakes.
- Item condition: New
- Availability: In-store
- Brand: Cannondale
- Category: Road Bikes
- Gender: Mens
- ID: 102860761
- Braking Type: Rim Brakes
- Material: Alloy
- Groupset: Shimano 105
- Equipped with disc brakes on several models for great stopping and control.
- Uncannily smooth
- thanks to its refined SAVE PLUS micro-suspension.
- Versatile for commuting and wet weather training with rack mounts and extra clearance for fenders. (The "Adventure" model comes ready to roll with custom painted matching fenders.)
Colour: Jet Black w/ Charcoal Grey and Magnesium White, Matte - BBQ & Ultra Blue w/ Jet Black and Magnesium White, Gloss - BLU
Frame: Synapse Alloy Disc, Optimized 6061 Alloy, SAVE PLUS, BB30
Fork: Synapse SAVE Disc, Carbon blades, 1-1/8"
Handlebar: Cannondale C3 Compact, butted 6061 alloy
Stem: Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 6 deg.
Seat Post: Cannondale C3, Alloy, 25.4x300mm
Saddle: Cannondale Stage Ergo w/ Crmo Rails
Shifters: Shimano 105 5800
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800, 31.8 clamp
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800 GS
Brakes: Promax Render R, 160mm front, 140mm rear
Brake Levers: Shimano 105 5800
Cassette: Shimano 105 5800, 11-32, 11-speed
Chain: Shimano HG600, 11-speed
Crankset: FSA Gossamer, BB30, 50/34
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
Rims: Maddux RD 3.0 Disc, 28-hole
Hubs: Formula DC1420 front, DC1422 rear
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 15g
Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano, 700x25c
Buy from us because we love bikes and we want you to love your new ride! We offer:
- 12 Months FREE Scheduled Log Book Servicing!
- 30 Day Comfort Guarantee - Are you comfortable? We'll make as many necessary adjustments FREE!
- 90 Day Workmanship Guarantee - we know our way around a workshop. That's why we guarantee all repairs;
- Layby?! Absolutely. We'll give you 3 months to pay, after that we will probably start riding it ourselves!
- We offer 12-months interest free terms - conditions apply.
*Any product is either available to buy at or order through the stores listed! Please come in-store and ask about stock availability.